BGCB Job Announcement
The following position is currently available:
Middle School Coordinator
25-30 hours per week
$10.00 per hour (Negotiable based on experience)
Title:Middle School Coordinator
Reports to:Program Director
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Establish a program setting that ensures the health and safety of our members.
- Contribute to the creation of the Club’s overall positive climate for youth development.
- Plan, implement and monitor the following program offerings: sports, fitness, recreation, health, games room, prevention, character,
citizenshipand leadership. These programs and activities will be consistent with the organization’s youth development mission, goals, and current year objectives.
- Provide guidance services to Club members as appropriate with their well-being in mind.
- Understand and implement the youth development strategy.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures published by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend.
WEEKLY PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Torch Club: 5 hours/week (
1 hourprogramming, 4 hours of prep time)
Run a weekly
curriculum basedprogram during the school year for 1 hour each week. Track a minimum of 25 Club members throughout the school year.
- Project Learn: 2.5 hours/week (30 minutes per day of programming)
Check in with all Project Learn middle school members, take roll, and make sure they complete their homework.
- Middle School Night: 8 hours/month (4 hours of programming, 8
hourof prep time)
Plan in coordination with the Program Director a monthly middle school night or special event. Activities should be open to all Middle School members and participation should not be limited by cost or capacity.
- Healthy Lifestyles Programming: 4 hours/week (3 hours of programming, 1 hour of prep time)
Incorporate physical activity and healthy lifestyles programming into each week.
Special initiatives/activities or programs:
Develop local programs that meet the interest and developmental needs of the Middle School members you serve. These programs should create a high level of engagement and strengthen personal relationships between the members and each other as well as members and staff.
Create and update a monthly middle school calendar including all programs and middle school night activities.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Manage necessary administrative functions and assigned resources.
2. Promote and market programs to Club members and parents.
3. Provide guidance services to Club members.
4. Manage all elements of the Games Room, outdoor space and other program spaces as needed.
Positionholder will establish, with the concurrence of the Program Director, specific semi-annual performance objectives and expected outcomes in accordance with the above Key Roles and Job Functions. These objectives are dynamic and will be revised from time to time to the mutual agreement of the position holder and Program Director.
Completion of high school.
Proficient in Spanish language (preferred but not required)
Excellent customer service skills.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with numerous interruptions.
Ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail.
Demonstrated ability to follow policies and procedures.
Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
Ability to deal effectively with multi-age children.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
Computer proficient and comfortable learning new software programs.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Please email the following documents:
2 Letters of Recommendation
to firstname.lastname@example.org by
5 p.m., February 10, 2017
Applicationis available at www.bgcbend.org.
Applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to
Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Function Details
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Application is available at www.bgcbend.org.
Applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to offer of employment.