BGCB Job Announcement
The following position is currently available:
Director of Development
Title:Director of Development
Profile Source:Executive Professional
Reports to:Executive Director
- Provide leadership and direction to the Executive Director and Board of Directors in the execution of all development activities required to fund Club operations and deliver programs within the community.
- Collaborate with Club leadership team and key volunteers to create a culture of philanthropy and engage them in donor stewardship and solicitation.
- In collaboration with Executive Director and Board, develop and implement a strategic plan for single and multi-year resource development efforts; Research and analyze agency, corporate, individual and foundation donor base and recommend solicitation strategies.
- Ensure evaluation of development activities and identify opportunities to improve results.
- Prepare and seek approval for corporate and foundation proposals to support the Club, using current or new cultivation and solicitation materials July 2019 Director of Development
- Research and identify individual prospects for major gift and planned giving solicitations. Prepare background reports on donor giving and interests and develop proposals for donor consideration.
- Oversee planning and execution of special events, including: Create sponsor deck and presentation deck for events Negotiate with vendors and sponsors to obtain space, refreshments/catering, audiovisual needs, event journals and all related materials and resources that ensure event success. Plan creative events that facilitate solicitation of donations from target audiences Identify and recruit corporate sponsors to underwrite event expenses or to donate gifts, cash or in-kind services to minimize expenses. Partner with corporate and community leaders to support events in which BGCB is the beneficiary.
- Design and implement direct mail programs and digital campaigns
- Provide support for various fundraising projects/initiatives assigned by the Executive Director, such as endowments, major gifts and planned giving.
- Ensure all contributions and donors are appropriated acknowledged and stewarded with support from administrative staff.
- Write grant proposals for foundation support in partnership with the Executive Director; Maintain calendar of grant opportunities and ensure all applications are submitted on time.
- Train Board members to participate in solicitation and other resource development activities.
- Encourage and support board committees responsible for planning and implementing development activities.
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Club’s annual budget, controlling expenditures within budget and maintaining donor and financial records in accordance with standards.
- Develop strategic alliances with business and community leaders and local officials. Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, funders and community organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop and implement marketing and public relations strategies designed to build appreciation and support of Club programs, services and activities, and to increase participation by youth in the community.
- Maintain good public relations with local media contacts, members, families, alumni, community leaders and youth serving professionals.
- Conduct Club tours for Board Members, donors, and community leaders.
- Plan and execute annual Marketing plan in support of Club programming and fundraising.
- Ensure design and development of public relations documents for use in the promotion of fund raising, and education of the public, including press releases, newsletters, social media content, ads, etc. Ensure the development and distribution of marketing documents.
- Maintain website, social media profiles, and donor management software (CRM)
Job Function Details
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- A minimum of five years nonprofit experience, specifically in fundraising and sales/marketing, or equivalent experience
- Considerable knowledge of fundraising techniques and sources of funding for nonprofits
- Experience planning fundraising events
- Knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures and of the principles and practices of nonprofits, youth development services preferred
- Ability to organize and coordinate fundraising operations
- Strong oral and written communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, board members, volunteers, community groups and other related agencies.
- Knowledge of accessing and managing donor database
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- 10 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, 4 personal days and 12 sick days allotted per year
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401k employer match
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Please evaluate and describe any physical skills, abilities or working conditions required to perform the essential duties of this position, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the Executive Director. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of the employee hired for this position.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Application is available at www.bgcbend.org.
Applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to offer of employment.