BGCB Job Announcement
The following position is currently available:
Reports to:Executive Director, with additional Supervision from Operations Director
- Implement day-to-day accounting activities to ensure the maintenance of accurate and timely financial records by entering, processing and reconciling transactions in accordance with established procedures and formats. Functions include:
- Entering all invoices and receipts
- Print checks and mail
- Deposit donations and payments
- Manage online credit card payments and pledge portal
- Manage A/P filing system for yearly audit
- Compile regular financial reports (budget variance, cash flow, unpaid bills, etc.) to support management-level decision making regarding the Club’s fiscal health.
- Manage QuickBooks invoicing for all program fees; collect and record program fee and other payments in collaboration with Member Services Director and ensure that cash box is secure at all times.
- Monitor day-to-day accounting processes to identify opportunities for quality improvement.
- Work closely with Finance Committee and outside auditors to implement any recommended controls or procedures intended to improve Club finance recordkeeping.
- Coordinate agency budget development under the leadership of the Executive Director; monitor and report variances in revenues and expenditures.
- Control expenditures against budget; using proactive strategies for responding to Club needs to minimize potential expenses and create cost-savings through regular review.
Human Resources (under the direction of Operations Director)
- Implement policies and procedures for the effective management of Club human resources, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations and community practiceas well as Boys and Girls Clubs mission and values.
- Manage and make updates to the Employee Handbook and Crisis Management Plans and assure policies and procedures are implemented at each Club and with each employee.
- Provide information to staff and volunteer leadership to support management decision-making about policy issues, employee relations, staff development needs, compensation and benefits practices and costs and recruitment practices. Prepare reports summarizing human resources programs and activities.
- Manage administrative and operational systems for maintaining all employment and personnel records, ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
- Administer all aspects of employee health, vision, dental, and 401k benefits.
- Administer all aspects of employee payroll, including entry of reports.
- Complete all reports due to the Employment Department, the State of Oregon, and the Department of Justice and ensure that the organization is in compliance and good standing.
- Manage administrative aspects of employee recruitment and human resources including applications, forms, background checks, drug screens, etc.
- Administer Facility Rental relationships for mutual benefit and seek out new facility rental opportunities in order to increase revenue for the Club. Provide on-site support for facility rentals or secure the participation of a responsible staff member to do so.
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Director of Development and the Executive Director for fundraising and other Club events. Including, but not limited to: communicating with event vendors, soliciting silent auction items, preparing printed or digital materials, tracking expenses and revenue, and assisting with set-up, registration, check out and other day-of duties.
- Follow up with parents and caregivers when fees are not paid on time or with donors when cards expire to secure resources for Club programs. Improve A/R on program fees.
Administration & Resource Management
- Maintain general organization email inbox, responding to inquiries and directing to the appropriate staff member as needed.
- Provide technical assistance, organization, filing, typing, photocopying, computerization and miscellaneous duties in direct support of the Executive Director, Operations Director and Director of Development.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems, making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information.
- Monitor office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary.
- Ensure the maintenance of Club technology and information management systems.
- Conduct administrative and operational processes, overseeing the maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment, and other facilities under the direction of the Deputy Director and in partnership with service representatives.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and service representatives, manage all contracts, and conduct periodic review including sending RFPs to ensure the best service and cost savings to the Club.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with Club staff, consultants, auditors, vendors and service providers to establish and maintain professional links.
- Partner with the Executive Director and other leadership staff to develop and administer appropriate policies, standards and procedures in order to reduce risk to the Club
Job Function Details
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education preferred
- Combination of training and experience equivalent to five years in office administration or similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge of processes related to office management, finance, and human resources
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- 10 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, 4 personal days and 12 sick days allotted per year
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401k employer match
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Please evaluate and describe any physical skills, abilities or working conditions required to perform the essential duties of this position, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the Executive Director. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of the employee hired for this position.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Application is available at www.bgcbend.org.
Applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to offer of employment.