BGCB Job Announcement
The following position is currently available:
25-28 hours per week: September through mid-June | 40 hours per week: Mid-June through August
Profile Source:Professional – Non-Exempt
Reports to:Program Director
Responsible for providing an environment that is safe physically, emotionally and mentally. Help youth get along with others, make new friends and provide opportunities for fun and constructive use of leisure time
Job Function Details
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Establish a program setting that insures the health and safety of our members.
- Contribute to the creation of the club’s overall positive climate for youth development.
- Plan, implement and monitor programs and activities consistent with the organization’s youth development mission, goals, and current year objectives.
- Provide guidance services to club members as appropriate with the well-being of the youth members in mind.
- Understand and implement the youth development strategy.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures published by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Oregon.
- Provide children the opportunity to express themselves creatively, build confidence and learn new skills.
- Enable youth to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through skill development and the appreciation of the arts.
- Assist in the coordination of the National Fine Arts Exhibit which is designed to enable members to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through visual arts. The exhibit has ten categories including monochromatic drawing, multicolored drawing, pastel, watercolor, oil/acrylic, print making, mixed media, collage, sculpture and group project. This program also gives the Club the ability to showcase the artwork of their Club members in the community.
- Completion of high school.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to follow policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Ability to deal effectively with multi-age children.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computer proficient and comfortable learning new software programs.
Previous clerical experience a plus.
Position holder will establish, with the concurrence of the Program Director, specific semi-annual performance objectives and expected outcomes in accordance with the above Key Roles and Job Functions. These objectives are dynamic and will be revised from time to time to the mutual agreement of the position holder and Club Director.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Application is available at www.bgcbend.org.
Applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to offer of employment.