We are so grateful to everyone in the Central Oregon community that has been a part of our history. 25 years ago some incredible community leaders in Bend saw a need for a safe place for kids to form positive relationships with adults and have access to everything they need to thrive. Their generosity sparked two-and-a-half decades of giving, impacting local kids for a generation.
The details are still being worked out, but the date is set! Join us on June 13, 2020 to celebrate 25 years, and to dream of what is yet to come...
Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend - Serving for 25 Years
Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend is turning 25 and we could not be more excited about the impact you have had on our youth! Since 1994, you have empowered more than 25,000 young people to reach their full potential by providing them with a safe place to belong, supportive relationships, and quality youth development programs that parents trust.
Serving youth, ages 5–18 from nearly every school in the district, our Club acts as a bridge to great futures, where elsewhere in our community the economic divide is growing. By ensuring access for those who need us most, we give youth facing the opportunity gap the boost they need to overcome adversity and build resilience.
Through exceptional programming and a dedicated team of youth development professionals we are focused on three priority outcomes:
- Academic Success. 100% of our members graduate on-time, motivated to learn, with a plan to succeed in today’s modern workforce.
- Good Character & Leadership. Through service, expectations and mentoring our members develop strong character and take actions that make a difference in the community.
- Healthy Lifestyles. In an emotionally and physically safe environment, our members make healthy lifestyle decisions resulting in social, emotional and physical well-being.
These outcomes are visible in all that we do, from early learning in our Junior Club all the way through to our pathway to workforce development for our Teens. For those needing extra support, including some of the 75% of our regular members who rely on scholarships, we provide counseling, mentoring and family support directed by our in-house, licensed social worker.
Our members are thriving because they know they belong here. We get to witness as they step into leadership positions, confident they can influence decisions and be change-makers in our community.
As we imagine what the next 25 years will bring, we see a bright future of growth and impact for our Clubs and the youth we serve. Recent development in key leadership positions, coupled with longtime staff expertise and evidence-based programming, have laid the foundation for a very bright future!
Our programs support youth like Abigail, who came to our program a year ago in a very dark place. Her dad had committed suicide and her mom was trying to raise her while working a minimum wage job. Abigail was failing most of her classes and starting to self-harm. She enrolled in our Family Plus program, started talking with a mentor and being tutored. She began participating in our social-emotional learning groups and joined our Cheer team. Her life has been transformed. She now has a place where she belongs and is a leader for other youth in our Club. With her constant smile, you would have no idea what she has overcome.
* To protect her identity, we have changed her name. The child pictured is not the actual child.
As Bend has grown so has the need for safe, quality and affordable out-of-school programming. Due to the school start time change, the number of kids we serve daily has risen by 30% and there are hundreds more youth left alone after school. The only thing standing in our way is more resources to hire, train, and retain professional staff.
Your investment ensures our community’s youth have everything they need to thrive!
- $2,500 sponsors one child participating in Boys & Girls Clubs’ programming for an entire year.
- $1,500 provides individual counseling sessions with a licensed clinician for youth in our Family Plus program.
- $1,000 provides program supplies for 10 students in our after school arts, sports, and academic programs.
- $500 supports experiential learning in our Junior Club, bringing curriculum based programs in literacy and art.
- $250 sends our Teen club members on a field trip to museums, local businesses, and college campuses.