Girls on the Run of Central Oregon
Inspiring girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend operates an affiliate program of Girls on the Run of Central Oregon dedicated to helping girls stay out of the "Girl Box" - a place where girls are valued more for their outward appearance than their character inside.
Girls on the Run is a prevention program that encourages young girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles. The curricula
Spring 2019 Season
- Bear Creek Elementary | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 3:45-5:00
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend - Downtown | Mondays & Wednesdays | 4:30-5:45
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend- East Bend | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 4:30-5:45
- High Lakes Elementary | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 3:45-5:00
- Miller Elementary | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 3:45-5:00
- Highland Elementary | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 3:45-5:00
- Barnes Butte Elementary | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 3:00-4:30
- Vern Patrick Elementary | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 3:45-5:00
- Elk Meadow Elementary | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 3:45-5:00
Heart & Sole (6th - 8th grade)
- Crook County Middle School | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 3:10-4:40
Become A Volunteer Coach
Become a COACH for Girls on the Run of Central Oregon and help empower young girls to embrace their limitless potential! Need more information? Reach out to our Council Director, Emily Love, at email@example.com.
The heart of Girls on the Run (GOTR) comes from our volunteer coaches. Without these trained volunteers GOTR would not exist in Central Oregon. Being a GOTR Coach is so much more than just following the well-written/research-based curriculum and helping instill a love of exercise within the participants, it's teaching the girls about positive body image, self-respect, positive peer groups, and helping their team complete a community service project prior to the end-of-season 5k.