BGCB Job Announcement
The following position is currently available:
Sports, Fitness & Recreation Coordinator
25-28 hours per week: September through mid-June 40 hours per week: Mid-June through August
$10.25 per hour
Title:Sports, Fitness & Recreation Coordinator
Profile Source:Professional – Part-time/Non-Exempt
Availability:The following position is currently available
Department:East Bend Club
Reports to:Program Director
Job FunctionsResponsible for providing an environment that is safe physically, emotionally and mentally. Help youth get along with others, make new friends and provide opportunities for fun and constructive use of leisure time.
Job Function Details
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Establish a program setting that
insuresthe health and safety of our Club members.
- Contribute to the creation of the Club’s overall positive climate for youth development.
- Plan, implement and monitor sports, fitness and recreation programs and activities consistent with the organization’s youth development mission, goals, and current year objectives. This includes planning and implementing programs in the Gym and the Games Room.
- Provide guidance services to Club members as appropriate with the well-being of the youth members in mind.
- Understand and implement the youth development strategy.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures published by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend.
- Provide children the opportunity to express themselves, build confidence and learn new skills.
- Completion of high school.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience running art programs with youth
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to follow policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Ability to deal effectively with multi-age children.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computer proficient and comfortable learning new software programs.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Application is available at www.bgcbend.org.
Applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to offer of employment.