BGCB Job Announcement
The following position is currently available:
Seasonal Program Coordinator
35-40 hours per week
$10.25 per hour
Title:Seasonal Program Coordinator
Availability:June 19, 2017 - August 25, 2017
Job FunctionsIt is the mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Each of the programs we offer to Bend youth fall within one of Boys & Girls Clubs’ three pillars: Academic Success, Character and Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles. Our Healthy Lifestyles based programming focuses on increasing physical activity among Club Members and providing youth with the knowledge and skills they need to make healthy decisions throughout their lives. Our Character & Citizenship based programming focuses on helping young people develop a moral compass and the strong character to make positive life choices, as well as, empowering youth with opportunities to affect positive change in their communities. Our Academic Success based programming focuses on decreasing drop out rates, increasing on-time high school graduation, and decreasing the achievement gap for disadvantaged youth. Our vision is to prepare youth for post high school education and workforce readiness. These programs provide opportunities for school aged kids, inspiring success and igniting a passion for lifelong learning, good character and living healthy lifestyles. As a Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend employee you will be responsible for implementing programs in the above pillars and providing an environment that is safe physically, emotionally and mentally. In addition, you will be responsible for helping Club Members get along with others, make new friends and provide opportunities for fun and constructive use of leisure time.
Job Function Details
- Establish a program setting that insures the health and safety of our Club members.
- Contribute to the creation of the Club’s overall positive climate for youth development.
- Plan, implement and monitor programs and activities consistent with the organization’s youth development mission, goals, and current year objectives.
- Provide guidance services to Club Members as appropriate with the well-being of the Club Members in mind.
- Understand and implement the youth development strategy.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures published by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend.
Position holder will establish, with the concurrence of the Program Director, specific semi-annual performance objectives and expected outcomes in accordance with the above Key Roles and Job Functions. These objectives will be revised from time to time to the mutual agreement of the position holder and Program Director.
- Completion of high school.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to follow policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Ability to deal effectively with multi-age children.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and implementing age appropriate youth programs.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computer proficient and comfortable learning new software programs.
- Previous clerical experience a plus.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Application is available at www.bgcbend.org.
Applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to offer of employment.