BGCB Job Announcement
The following position is currently available:
40 hours per week
$31,000 annual salary
Profile Source:Full-time, Exempt
Department:Dowtown Bend Club
Reports to:Operations Director
Job FunctionsPRIMARY FUNCTION:
It is the mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Each of the programs we offer to Bend youth fall within one of Boys & Girls Clubs’ three pillars: Academic Success, Character and Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles.
These programs provide opportunities for school aged kids, inspiring success and igniting a passion for lifelong learning, good character and living healthy lifestyles. As a Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend employee you will be responsible for implementing programs in the above pillars and providing an environment that is safe physically, emotionally and mentally.
In addition, you will be responsible for helping Club Members make new friends and provide opportunities for fun and constructive use of after school time.
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within a designated Club under the three pillars of Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship and Healthy Lifestyles. Plan, develop, oversee implementation and supervise programs and all program staff.
Job Function Details
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan and oversee Club programs and activities that support Youth Development
- Establish Club program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission under the direction of the Operation Director.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
- Monitor work assigned to program volunteers and Staff, providing ongoing
feedback and regular appraisal
- Oversee proper record keeping (KidTrax) and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to Club members; utilize guidance and discipline plan. Exercise authority in problems relating to parents as needed.
Facility Maintenance Management
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and community organizations. This can range from support of Club programs to securing in-kind donations.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information.
Program Development and Implementation
- Establish and maintain Club program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of Club members. Ensure that staff understand and effectively communicate standards of programs; ensuring program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that Club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to Club member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
Position holder will establish, with the concurrence of the Operations Director specific semi-annual performance objectives and expected outcomes in accordance with the above Key Roles and Job Functions. These objectives will be revised from time to time to the mutual agreement of the position holder and Operations Director.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred five years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or other youth serving agency or a combination of college and professional experience.
- Completion of high school.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Ability to deal effectively with multi-age children.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and implementing age appropriate youth programs.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computer proficient and comfortable learning new software programs.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Application is available at www.bgcbend.org.
Applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to offer of employment.