BGCB Job Announcement
The following position is currently available:
25 hours per week
$10.25 per hour
Reports to:Program Director
Job FunctionsResponsible for providing an environment that is safe physically, emotionally and mentally. Help Club Members get along with others, make new friends and provide opportunities for fun and constructive use of leisure time. Plan and implement programs in the Games Room program area of the Club.
Job Function Details
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Establish a program setting that insures the health and safety of our members.
- Contribute to the creation of the Club’s overall positive climate for youth development.
- Plan, implement and monitor the following program offerings: recreation, health, games room, prevention, character, citizenship and leadership. These programs and activities will be consistent with the organization’s youth development mission, goals, and current year objectives.
- Provide guidance services to Club members as appropriate with their well-being in mind.
- Understand and implement the youth development strategy.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures published by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend.
- Manage all elements of the Games Room, outdoor space and other program spaces as needed.
Position holder will establish, with the concurrence of the Program Director, specific semi-annual performance objectives and expected outcomes in accordance with the above Key Roles and Job Functions. These objectives are dynamic and will be revised from time to time to the mutual agreement of the position holder and Club Director.
- Completion of high school.
- Proficient in Spanish language (preferred but not required)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to follow policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Ability to deal effectively with multi-age children.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computer proficient and comfortable learning new software programs.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Application is available at www.bgcbend.org.
Applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to offer of employment.