BGCB Job Announcement
The following position is currently available:
Middle School Coordinator- Downtown Bend Club
25-30 hours per week
$10.25 per hour (Negotiable based on experience)
Title:Middle School Coordinator- Downtown Bend Club
Reports to:Program Director
WEEKLY PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Torch Club: 5 hours/week (
programming, 4 hours of prep time) 1 hour
Run a weekly curriculum based program during the school year for 1 hour each week. Track a minimum of 25 Club members throughout the school year.
- Project Learn: 2.5 hours/week (30 minutes per day of programming)
Check in with all Project Learn middle school members, take roll, and make sure they complete their homework.
- Middle School Night: 8 hours/month (4 hours of programming, 8
hourof prep time)
Plan in coordination with the Program Director a monthly middle school night or special event. Activities should be open to all Middle School members and participation should not be limited by cost or capacity.
- Healthy Lifestyles Programming: 4 hours/week (3 hours of programming, 1 hour of prep time)
Incorporate physical activity and healthy lifestyles programming into each week.
- Special initiatives/activities or programs:
Develop local programs that meet the interest and developmental needs of the Middle School members you serve. These programs should create a high level of engagement and strengthen personal relationships between the members and each other as well as members and staff.
- Monthly Calendar:
Create and update a monthly middle school calendar including all programs
Job Function Details
- Manage necessary administrative functions and assigned resources.
- Promote and market programs to Club members and parents.
- Provide guidance services to Club members.
- Manage all elements of the Games Room, outdoor space and other program spaces as needed.
Position holder will establish, with the concurrence of the Program Director, specific semi-annual performance objectives and expected outcomes in accordance with the above Key Roles and Job Functions. These objectives are dynamic and will be revised from time to time to the mutual agreement of the position holder and Program Director.
- Completion of high school.
- Proficient in Spanish language (preferred but not required)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Ability to deal effectively with multi-age children.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computer proficient and comfortable learning new software programs.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Application is available at www.bgcbend.org.
Applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to offer of employment.