BGCB Job Announcement
The following position is currently available:
Girls on the Run Council Director
Salary dependent upon experience
Title:Girls on the Run Council Director
Reports to:Operations Director
Job FunctionsGirls on the Run (GOTR) of Central Oregon Council Director is responsible for the overall implementation of the Girls on the Run mission. The Council Director’s job responsibilities include developing and implementing the overall strategy and vision for the Girls on the Run program and all organizational and operational aspects of Girls on the Run including its administration, financial operations, revenue generation, program development and activities, and strategic planning.
Job Function Details
- GOTR program outreach and site management
- GOTR coach management and training
- GOTR curriculum & equipment management
- GOTR budget management
- GOTR program development and strategic planning
- GOTR fund development
The position holder will establish, with the concurrence of the Operations Director, specific semi-annual performance objectives and expected outcomes in accordance with the above Key Roles and Job Functions. These objectives are dynamic and will be revised from time to time to the mutual agreement of the position holder and the Operations Director.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred five years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club and/or Girls on the Run or a combination of college and professional experience.
- Passion for Girls on the Run mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health.
- Comfortable taking a hands-on role with regards to program execution.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Demonstrated ability in the effective guidance and discipline of youth ages 6 through 18.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate volunteers.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences (internal and external)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and make efficient decisions
- Flexible and adaptable
- 10 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, 4 personal days & 12 sick days allotted per year
- Employer paid Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Short-term disability, life insurance & 401k employer match
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Application is available at www.bgcbend.org.
Applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to offer of employment.