BGCB Job Announcement
The following position is currently available:
25 Hours per Week / Non-Exempt
$10.25 per Hour
Profile Source:Professional - Non-Exempt
Department:Dowtown Bend Club
Reports to:Program Director
Responsible for providing an environment that is safe physically, emotionally and mentally. Help youth get along with others, make new friends and provide opportunities for fun and constructive use of leisure time.
As a Professional with Boys & Girls Clubs of
I represent Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend as a positive role model to our members and to all children in general.
I will attend monthly one on one meetings facilitated by the Program Director.
I will adhere to all policies and procedures published by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend.
- Establish a program setting that ensures the health and safety of our members.
- Contribute to the creation of the Club’s overall positive climate for youth development.
- Plan, implement and monitor programs and activities consistent with the organization’s youth development mission, goals, and current year objectives. Compile a monthly and weekly activities calendar for your specific program area.
- Provide guidance services to Club members as appropriate with the well-being of the youth members in mind.
- Understand and implement the Youth Development Strategy.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures published by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend.
Job Function Details
1.Manage necessary administrative functions and assigned resources.
2.Promote and market programs to Club Members, parents, and community.
3.Provide guidance services to Club Members.
4.Manage all elements of the Learning Center.
JOB FUNCTION #1
- Manage necessary administrative functions and assigned resources.
- Implement annual, monthly, and weekly action plans.
- As directed by your supervisor, communicate with parents all special event scheduling, accomplishments, etc.
- Communicate with Program Director regarding any discipline problems.
- Assist in developing, following, and updating a year long action plan.
- Create and maintain a case management system for members including: individualized education plans, project learn pre and post tests and surveys, tracking member progress and any additional needed information for grant reporting.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all Academic Success programs including a tracking system and incentive based program.
- Oversee the delivery of the Teacher of the Month program.
- Produce annual grant reports Academic Success based programs updating the Resource Development Director as needed.
JOB FUNCTION #2
- Promote and market programs to Club members, parents and the community.
- Coordinate and advertise special events during the summer and school year.
- Maintain and update all program bulletin boards.
- As directed by your supervisor, contact, develop, and utilize local school authorities to make program announcements and to distribute handouts to students.
- Recruit, enroll and retain Club members in Project Learn.
- Develop a communication schedule with Club Members, parents, community members, school personnel and Club Staff in order to maintain open communicate and share information on a regular basis.
EDUCATION COORDINATOR JOB FUNCTION #3
- Provide guidance services to Club members.
- Members receive guidance to help them fulfill and make appropriate choices about their educational, physical, emotional, social, and vocational needs.
- Positive and respectful relationships exist between Staff and members, utilizing "active listening" skills.
- Unacceptable behaviors are dealt with utilizing the discipline procedures set by the Club.
- Members are always held accountable for behavior within reasonable expectations.
- Behavioral incidents and achievements are recorded and shared with Program Director.
- There are efforts to promote the carry-over of values and conduct outside the Club.
JOB FUNCTION #4
- Manage all elements of the Learning Center.
- Provide daily Program Activities in the Learning Center and for members in general.
- Actively contribute to the tracking and data processing of Club Members using KidTrax software and functions. Turn in program attendance to MSC on a weekly basis.
- Make sure members are fully aware of the Club rules and discipline policy.
- Keep Learning Center equipment in good working condition and report all equipment problems to the Program Director.
- Keep Learning Center clean and free of debris at all times. Ensure that cleaning responsibilities are performed as directed by your supervisor.
Position holder will establish, with the concurrence of the Program Director, specific semi-annual performance objectives and expected outcomes in accordance with the above Key Roles and Job Functions. These objectives are dynamic and will be revised from time to time to the mutual agreement of the position holder and the Program Director.
- Completion of high school.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Ability to deal effectively with multi-age children, small groups of children in activities and free play, and large groups of children in organized activities.
- Demonstrated ability in the effective guidance and discipline of youth ages 6 through 18.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Application is available at www.bgcbend.org.
Applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to offer of employment.