Girls on the Run of Central Oregon
Inspiring girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend operates an affiliate program of Girls on the Run of Central Oregon dedicated to helping girls stay out of the "Girl Box" - a place where girls are valued more for their outward appearance than their character inside.
Girls on the Run is a prevention program that encourages young girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles. The curricula
Fall 2017 Season
Fall 2017 program registration is NOW open!! Click HERE to register your girl today, and know that she won't miss out on this amazing program!
- Amity Creek: Tuesdays/Thursdays 3:45PM - 5:00PM
- Boys Girls Clubs of Bend - Downtown: Mondays/Wednesdays 4:30PM - 5:45PM
- Silver Rail: Tuesdays/Thursdays 3:45PM - 5:00PM
- Sisters: Mondays/Wednesdays 3:00PM - 4:30PM
- John Tuck Elementary: Tuesdays/Thursdays 3:45PM - 5:00PM
- High Lakes: Tuesdays/Thursdays 3:45PM - 5:00PM
- R.E. Jewell: Tuesdays/Thursdays 3:45PM - 5:00PM
- Bear Creek: Tuesday/Thursdays 3:45PM - 5:00PM
Heart & Sole (6th - 8th grade)
- Bend International School: Tuesdays/Thursdays 3:45PM - 5:00PM
Become A Volunteer Coach
Our Fall 2017 Coach Application is open! Click HERE to register!
Become a COACH for Girls on the Run of Central Oregon and help empower young girls to embrace their limitless potential! Need more information? Reach out to our Council Director, Emily Usselman, at email@example.com.
The heart of Girls on the Run (GOTR) comes from our volunteer coaches. Without these trained volunteers GOTR would not exist in Central Oregon. Being a GOTR Coach is so much more than just following the well-written/research-based curriculum and helping instill a love of exercise within the participants, it's teaching the girls about positive body image, self-respect, positive peer groups, and helping their team complete a community service project prior to the end-of-season 5k.